As we close the book on another calendar year, Lovetripper checks out the stars who checked into the world’s top hotels and resorts for their 2007 wedding ceremonies.
1) Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley— Christmas came early for the Emmy Award-winning actress, who stepped inside a tent on the grounds of the Stein Ericksen Lodge, a Park City, Utah utopia, for her walk down the aisle. As a light snow christened their union, the couple exchanged vows amid an array of white flowers and candles.
2) Ana Ortiz— In remembrance of her grandmother, the Ugly Betty cast member clutched a family rosary along with her bouquet of white roses as she made her way toward musician Noah Lebenzon at the Hotel Horned Dorset Primavera in Rincon, Puerto Rico.
3) Scott Foley and Marika Dominczyk— Guests of the bride and groom made a few new finned friends as they snorkelled alongside dolphins in the waters at the Four Seasons Resort Lana’i at Koele, Hawaii in the days leading up to the former Felicity star’s “I do’s.”
4) Ioan Gruffudd— Standing in the distance, the One & Only Palmilla resort was a silent witness to the wedding of the Fantastic Four star and actress Alice Evans. The towering 172-guest room retreat, deemed 2007’s number one resort in Mexico by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, peeked through the palms at the property’s white powder beach as the couple exchanged vows.
5) Laila Ali— The beauty of the rose garden at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Marina Del Rey, California knocked out the super middleweight boxer when she went in search of the perfect venue for her wedding to former NFL wide receiver Curtis Conway.
6) Yao Ming— Hosting the highly-anticipated wedding of the 7 ft. 6 in.-tall NBA great and his bride, basketball star Ye Li, was a tall order, but the staff at the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel in Shanghai, China were up to the challenge. The couple formalized their eight-year romance with a ceremony held inside the venue’s lily-adorned China Hall.
7) Bam Margera— Three hundred and fifty guests enjoyed the Art Deco ambiance of The Lowes Hotel, a 1930’s-era edifice in Philadelphia, on the day that the Jackass star and his bride, Missy Rothstein, exchanged vows.
8) Jon Cryer and Lisa Joyner— When she walked inside the Sunset Chapel at Pueblo Bonito Sunset resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the host of TV Guide’s InFANity received a wedding band from the Two and a Half Men star to accompany her 2.5-carat cushion cut diamond Atelier Marisa engagement ring.
9) Pamela Anderson— Symbolic of the bride and groom’s hearts taking flight, a flock of paper doves dangled from chandeliers as the eternal small screen femme fatale walked down a petal-strewn aisle toward Rick Salomon at one of The Mirage Hotel and Casino’s villas in October 2007. Spider-man star Tobey Maguire, who had wed long time love Jennifer Meyer a month earlier, was among the guests at the Las Vegas resort to witness the couple exchange vows in front of a bubbling fountain.
10) Anastacia— The singer’s former bodyguard slipped a wedding band engraved with the date of their nuptials on to his bride’s finger during a ceremony which took place at the Quinta Real Huatulco, a cliff side retreat in Oaxaca, Mexico which features a Moorish motif.