All eyes may be on the bride during a wedding, but it is equally important for the groom to look his best when he suits up for the ceremony. During the final days of the calendar year, Lovetripper looks back at the leading men who donned designer duds in order to tie the knot in 2007.
1) Tony Parker— Standing at the altar of the Eglise Saint-Germain l’Auxerrois in a classic black suit and white cravat from French fashion house DeFursac, the San Antonio Spurs star received an 18k white gold Piaget Possession wedding band from his bride, Eva Longoria. In exchange, the NBA great slipped a white gold Piaget Possession wedding adorned with 107 brilliant-cut and square-cut diamonds on to the hand of the Desperate Housewives star.
2) Usher— One of the decade’s most stylish stars straightened his ivory bow tie and tucked a gardenia boutonniere into the lapel of his black Giorgio Armani tuxedo before exchanging vows for a second time with Tameka Foster during a wedding ceremony held at Chateau Elan Winery and Resort near Atlanta.
3) Howie Dorough— From Orlando Bloom and David Beckham to Nelly Furtado and Madonna, the designing duo of Dean and Dan Caten have dressed the entertainment world’s elite since 1995. On December 8, 2007, the Backstreet Boy donned a timeless black tuxedo and a white bow tie from the Canadian couturier’s label, Dsquared, to marry his love of the past seven years, Leigh Boniello.
4) Ioan Gruffudd— As the sea rushed to the white sands at the One & Only Palmilla Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, a breeze tugged at the ivory satin tie of the Fantastic Four’s indigo-hued wool crepe Armani suit while actress Alice Evans recited a self-penned poem to the actor during their wedding ceremony.
5) Brandon Routh— Looysen Fine Clothing suited up Superman for premieres of his cinematic blockbuster around the world, and the actor turned to the label once again for his wedding day, when he donned a black cashmere suit for his nuptials at El Capitan Ranch.
6) Scott Baio— Donning a dove grey suit for his rooftop nuptials at L.A.’s Mercury Building with Renee Sloan, the former teen idol could still cause his fans to swoon. Details of the long-time bachelor’s “I do’s” will be revealed when Scott Baio is 46…and Pregnant premieres on VH1 on January 13, 2008.
7) Felipe Massa— Weeks before their November 30, 2007 nuptials, paparazzi captured the arrival of the Formula One champion and his bride-to-be Raffaela Bassi for a fitting at the Milan store of Dolce and Gabbana, who garbed the groom in a black suit paired with a silver tie for his wedding day at the Igreja Nossa Senhora do Brasil in Sao Paulo.
8) Bill Rancic— Each stitch sewn with love, the Apprentice winner donned a classic black tuxedo and a white bow tie created by Eduardo DePandi, the father of his bride, E! News host Giuliana DePandi.
9) Roger Taylor— Duran Duran’s drummer made his bride’s heart skip a beat when she walked down the aisle at Jalousie Plantation in St. Lucia toward the groom, who donned a white Giorgio Armani suit for their wedding day.
10) Jon Cryer— After saying “I do” to TV Guide’s InFANity host Lisa Joyner at the Chapel at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the Two and A Half Men star danced the cha-cha in a white Hugo Boss suit during an outdoor reception.