Escaping the ever-present paparazzi, a number of noteworthy newlyweds found honeymoon hideaways around the globe in 2007. From idyllic islands to European excursions, Lovetripper takes a look at the destinations the stars escaped to after saying “I do.”
1) Eva Longoria and Tony Parker— After swaying to the sound of Peter Gabriel’s “Book of Love” at their Chateau Vaux le Vicomte reception, the “Desperate Housewives” star and the NBA great packed their bags for a short stay at Parrot Cay, a paparazzi-free retreat in the Turks and Caicos islands. Billed as the world’s most exclusive resort, the honeymooners walked on the same white sand beach where Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck exchanged vows.
2) Jeff Francoeur— The Atlanta Braves outfielder and his bride Catie McCoy nibbled on slices of a five-tier, carrot wedding cake embellished with cream cheese icing at their post-wedding party before spending their first weeks of marital bliss at the Four Seasons Hotel in Punta Mita, Mexico and at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas, Chop Talk revealed.
3) Howie Dorough— The Backstreet Boy’s new bride, Leigh Boniello, was his Caribbean queen as the couple enjoyed a three-day honeymoon getaway on the island of Antigua.
4) Kate Walsh— Like newlyweds Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban in 2006, the beauty of Bora Bora beckoned to the “Private Practice” star and her studio executive husband Alex Young. The bride’s Jubilee cut diamond engagement ring and her wedding band sparkled in the sunlight as the newlyweds trekked past Mount Otemanu.
5) Laila Ali— Not long after waltzing down the aisle at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Marina Del Rey, California, the former “Dancing With the Stars” participant and her newly dubbed husband, former NFL wide receiver Curtis Conway, packed their bags for a trip to Tahiti.
6) Bam Margera— Despite a problem with customs, the MTV star and his wife Missy Rothstein Margera will always have fond memories of their honeymoon in Dubai.
7) Garth Fisher and Jessica Canseco— Following their Bel-Air walk down the aisle, the “Extreme Makeover” plastic surgeon and the former Playboy model boarded a plane for a foray into France and Italy.
8) Roma Downey— After saying “I do” during a cliff side ceremony in Malibu, the “Touched By An Angel” star was in seventh heaven as she spent her first few weeks as Mrs. Mark Burnett in Jordan and London.
9) Holly Willoughby— Embarking on an exotic excursion, the “Dancing On Ice” co-presenter and her new husband enjoyed two weeks in Sri Lanka and the Maldives after their nuptials at Amberley Castle.
10) Amy Lee— Checking out of their suite at The Peabody Hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas, the lead singer of Evanescence and husband Josh Hartzler spent the remainder of their honeymoon on an idyllic island south of the Bahamas.