While some stars choose traditional frocks for their walks down the aisle, others opt for wedding attire as unique as their unions. Whether they were pretty in pink, radiant in red or beautiful in black, Lovetripper takes a look at the glitterati that went against the grain in 2007.
1) Lisa Ling— Numb3rs star Diane Farr and The Scorpion King‘s Kelly Hu were among the guests who rose from their seats in honor of the “National Geographic Explorer” host, who linked arms with both her mother and father as she walked down the aisle at L.A.’s Union Station in a crimson creation by Vivienne Tam, it’s design celebrating the shared Asian ancestry of the bride and the groom.
2) Jodie Marsh— Recognizing that white isn’t right for every bride, the tabloid temptress wore red from tip to toe on her wedding day. Although her color choice was unconventional, the gown itself was a traditional princess-style frock from Donna Salado Bridalwear, created with a body-hugging bodice dripping in red crystals and a full ballgown skirt. Harmonizing with her titian-tinted theme, a red beaded tiara handmade by Petals and Pearls Tiaras of Banbury, England rested on her blonde tresses, and a pair of scarlet shoes from Poshu carried her down the aisle, the glamour model revealed on her official website.
3) Elizabeth Hurley— The top model turned to designer Donatella Versace not only for the chiffon creation she donned for her nuptials at Sudley Castle, but also for the pink, gem-studded sari she wore to honor her new husband’s heritage during their second wedding ceremony at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India.
4) Tamara Taylor— Bringing a South Asian aesthetic to her beach wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, the “Bones” beauty wore a crystal-encrusted red sari when she said “I do” to Miles Cooley.
5) Laetitia Milot— Designer Maite Garcia fashioned a fiery frock for the French TV star/model. Constructed of yards of raw scarlet silk, a bold black lace overlay on the bodice, a stream of black tulle cascading over a meter long train and black lace armlets combined to create a Gothic-tinged garment for the bride.
6) Bif Naked— A pink, lace-edged veil trailed behind the Canadian chanteuse as she walked down the aisle of Vancouver’s St. Andrews-Wesley United Church in a Clara Couture creation which combined a lace halter top with a miniskirt, its ruffles covered by a long wrap skirt which added a touch of flamenco flair to the ensemble.
7) Pete Burns— The former Dead or Alive frontman enjoyed a civil partnership ceremony in style, draped in a white kimono embellished with gold and crimson designs. Manicured hands sporting black nail polish made the singer’s fire engine red fan flutter as he walked inside the Royal Society of Arts House in London with his love, Michael Simpson.
8) Pamela Anderson— Denim is a daring fabric for a wedding dress, but Valentino’s cream-colored creation, designed with a plunging neckline to emphasize the star’s ample assets, created a ’60’s-inspired silhouette for the eternal small screen beauty. Accessorizing her look with a ribbon-edge veil, the “Baywatch” bride walked down the aisle toward Rick Salomon at The Mirage in Las Vegas.
9) Jessicka Fodera— Although the black Chantilly lace embellishments over the champagne-hued silk gown was slightly non-conformist, the Adele Mildred and M’Lynn creation was one of the more traditional elements in a wedding presided over by an officiant dressed in an Easter bunny costume.
10) Susan Oberg— Actor Sid Haig may cause pulses to race in such fright flicks as “The Devil’s Rejects” and “House of 1,000 Corpses,” but the horror star’s own heart skipped a beat on his wedding day when he saw his bride in a medieval-influenced frock designed with bell sleeves. The publicist wore an equally striking silver velvet silhouette with black lace accents during the wedding reception.