Which designer dresses landed starring roles on Lovetripper’s couture countdown? Here’s a look at our picks for the top frocks at the 84th annual Academy Awards:
1) Penelope Cruz, a co-presenter for Best Original Score, scored the top spot in our style showdown with a Giorgio Armani gown which conjured up images of Old Hollywood glamor. Chopard jewelry helped the star to shine on stage.
2) As Marilyn Monroe once sang, diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and actress Michelle Williams had plenty of pals on Oscars big night. A Fred Leighton necklace and dainty bow-shaped pin complemented the One Week with Marilyn star’s coral Louis Vuitton gown.
3) As daring as the actress who donned it, the noir velvet number worn by Angelina Jolie revealed not only a lot of leg, but also the visionary craftsmanship of Atelier Versace. A pair of striking peep-toe Salvatore Ferragamos helped the star strike a pose on the red carpet.
4) The Winter Queen may be the title of her upcoming movie, but it’s also an apt description of Milla Jovovich as she ruled the red carpet in a regal white Elie Saab design.
5) George Clooney may not have won a coveted little gold man, but his lady love Stacy Keibler garnered a place on our best dressed list with her choice of award show attire. The former Dancing with the Stars competitor waltzed down the red carpet in a pair of Rene Caovilla shoes which peeked out from beneath the folds a molten gold Marchesa masterpiece.
Photo Credit: Matt Petit/ ©A.M.P.A.S.; Heather Ikei / ©A.M.P.A.S.