Which designer dresses play starring roles on the Oscar red carpet? Here’s Lovetripper’s list of the top frocks seen at Tinseltown’s biggest night:
1) She brought home an Oscar in 2002 for her role in Monster’s Ball, and at the 83rd annual Academy Awards Halle Berry was a wardrobe winner in a buff Marchesa masterpiece. The lights of the Kodak Theatre danced on her 10-carat diamond Neil Lane earrings as she strolled on to the stage in a pair of Christian Louboutins to pay tribute to the late Lena Horne.
2) Newcomer Hailee Steinfeld may not have garnered a gold statuette for her performance in True Grit, but the 14-year-old actress won the world’s attention in a sweet tea-length silhouette which the ingenue envisioned before her fashion-savvy reverie was made reality by Marchesa. Fred Leighton jewelry and Salvatore Ferragamo shoes complemented the couture creation.
3) A diaphanous design by Elie Saab Haute Couture showcased Black Swan star Mila Kunis‘ balletic body. Neil Lane jewelry added a touch of sparkle to the ethereal chiffon and lace look.
4) She was the voice of a fairy tale princess in Tangled, and actress/singer Mandy Moore looked the part of real life royalty in this neutral-toned number from Monique Lhuillier. Along with a sprinkling of crystals on the gown, yellow gold and pave diamond earrings from Chopard let the star shine as she walked the red carpet in a pair of Jimmy Choos.
5) Mother-to-be Natalie Portman was a vision in violet on Oscar night. The sprinkling of Swarovski crystals which rimmed the neckline of the Rodarte design twinkled like the star’s smile as the actress stepped on stage in a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes to accept the Academy Award for Best Actress.
Photo Credit, from top: Darren Decker / ©A.M.P.A.S.; Ivan Vejar / ©A.M.P.A.S.; Darren Decker / ©A.M.P.A.S.; Richard Harbaugh / ©A.M.P.A.S.; Michael Yada / ©A.M.P.A.S.