As the calendar year draws to a close, we take a look back at 10 stylish stars whose year-long looks assured that their winning places in our couture countdown were in the (garment) bag.
(Find out which famous faces filled out numbers 6-10 our list.)
1) Lots of XOXO’s from Lovetripper.com to Lanvin, the design house behind this lavish look, worn by Blake Lively at the Spike Scream Awards. The Gossip Girl‘s take on trends, both on and off set, gave fashion fans something to talk about throughout the year.
2) She was en point in Black Swan, and Natalie Portman was on trend all year with style selections, including this red Rodarte gown she chose for the premiere of the balletic nail-biter at the Venice Film Festival. The star’s consistently stunning style selections will no doubt keep her competition in clothing couture countdowns on their toes in the years to come.
3) Anne Hathaway, who will be the belle of the ball when she takes on co-hosting duties next year at the Academy Awards, was a wardrobe winner this year thanks in part to the Cinderella style of this ecru Valentino gown which the Love and Other Drugs star slipped into for the Met Costume Institute Gala.
4) Glee‘s Lea Michele consistently gave wardrobe watchers something to sing about in 2010. The actress was a ray of sunshine as she posed in this Zac Posen gown at the Tony Awards.
5) Salt star Angelina Jolie often prefers to pepper her red carpet wear with noir numbers, and although such dark designs as the velvet dress with sleeves that transformed into a pair of glamorous gothic gloves helped the silver screen siren sashay on to our list, it was the relaxed refinement of an ivory angora Atelier Versace gown seen at a premiere for The Tourist which secured the paparazzi magnet’s fifth place position.
Photos courtesy Picapp