As the calendar year draws to a close, Lovetripper takes a look back at 2010’s most stylish stars. Which celebrity garnered the title of couture queen? We’ll unveil our top five fashion choices tomorrow!
6) Her album Speak Now sold more than one million copies in its first week, and Taylor Swift was one in a million at red carpet appearances this past year. The crossover cutie’s Kaufman Franco frock from the Grammy Awards telecast reflected the singer’s sparkling personality.
7) Always a contender for couture champion during awards season, Diane Kruger kicked off 2010 as a wardrobe winner in this saffron silhouette by Jason Wu.
8) Sandra Bullock received an Academy Award in this Marchesa creation, and the molten gold gown makes her a winner in our style stakes as well.
9) Always ready to turn a nod to nostalgia into fashion forward idea, Dita von Teese continued her dominance in the domain of vintage-inspired visions in 2010. Playing the scarlet woman in a Moschino silhouette at the My Private Contreau Coffret launch in October, the burlesque beauty has her place on our couture countdown all sewn up.
10) An instant in-demand design by wardrobe watchers, the sapphire Issa dress donned by Kate Middleton on the day of the royal engagement announcement allowed the bride-to-be the chance to step into the world spotlight in style. The white Reiss number known as Nanette which she wore for a series of Mario Testino engagement photos offered fashion followers another glimpse of a wardrobe winner who will reign over best dressed lists for years to come.
Honorable Mention In a couture category all her own, it was difficult to place Lady Gaga in our star silhouette showdown. While some of her style selections caused scandal in 2010, no one could argue the beauty of the Alexander McQueen creation she donned for the MTV Video Music Awards. Her forays into fashion are often considered art, and the theatrical look– complete with a Renaissance painting– is a true masterpiece.
Photos courtesy Picapp