Who rocked the red (or, in this case, black) carpet on country music’s biggest night? Here’s Lovetripper’s list of the notable numbers which hit the right fashion note in Nashville at the 44th annual CMA Awards:
1) Soon to star in Country Strong, Gwyneth Paltrow chose a strong style statement for her debut on the CMA red carpet. The Academy Award winner received a standing ovation for her rendition of her upcoming movie’s title tune, and we applaud the blonde beauty’s vision to wear this Atelier Versace design, which lands her in the top spot in our couture countdown.
2) CMA co-host Carrie Underwood wowed the crowd with seven stunning silhouettes throughout the evening, but this gunmetal grey gown is the winner in this style showdown. A ruffled wonder, the tulle Talbot Runhof design was accented with the sparkle of a Swarovski clutch.
3) Her Farah Angsana attire may have been blue, but Katherine Heigl was tickled pick when her brother-in-law’s band Lady Antebellum won the awards for Singe of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year. A study in understated sophistication, the gown’s saturated sapphire tone was accented by gems which were a present from the box office beauty’s husband, singer Josh Kelley, People magazine reports.
4) Currently burning up the Billboard charts with her new CD Speak Now, a fiery frock was an apt choice for crossover cutie Taylor Swift. The crimson creation– a look by Monique Lhuillier– was complemented by a pair of Jimmy Choos.
5) Laura Bell Bundy captured the world’s attention this year with her single “Giddy On Up” and her appearance on How I Met Your Mother, and a shimmer of silver from her belted Jean Fares Couture creation made fans of fashion take notice as she posed for pix.
Honorable Mention Former Dancing with the Stars performer Julianne Hough waltzed her way to an honorable mention with this noir number from Georges Chakra Couture. Daniel Swarovski jewelry enhanced the entertainer’s sparkling personality.