Which notables struck just the right note at the Nokia Theatre during the 2010 MTV VMAs? Following is Lovetripper’s list of the top five wardrobe winners on the white carpet:
1) Florence and The Machine video “Dog Days are Over” garnered a moon man for best art director, and the group’s visionary vocalist Florence Welch wins first place in our couture countdown thanks to this Old Hollywood homage by Givenchy. The Titian-haired chart topper continued her reign in the wardrobe department with the ethereal ensemble she donned to deliver a rousing rendition of the band’s hit song.
2) Model Coco Rocha donned a white “I do” dress from Zac Posen when she walked down the aisle earlier this summer. For her stroll down the white carpet at the VMAs she chose the same designer to create a stunner from the opposite end of the color spectrum.
3) An icon of eye-catching creations, Lady Gaga is in a couture category of her own. The night’s big winner walked away not only with an armful of moon men, but also the acclaim of style mavens for her decision to walk the white carpet in this colorful concoction by the late, great Alexander McQueen.
4) Wizards of Waverly Place star Selena Gomez left us spellbound by her sense of style when she stepped on to the white carpet in a silver silhouette by Reem Acra. Baccarat jewelry, a bejeweled bodice and Brian Atwood Kendall shoes brought an extra element of elegance to the Disney darling’s lavish look, Fabsugar reports.
5) Ciara recently wrapped production on her upcoming music video “Speechless,” and the song’s title perfectly sums up our feelings about the star’s fashion forward, feathered frock. Words fail the capture the beauty of this Givenchy design.
Photos courtesy Picapp