The BET Awards have all been handed out, but who were the wardrobe winners of the evening? Here’s Lovetripper’s list of the top five frocks:
1) She may not have been the winner of Celebrity Apprentice, but Holly Robinson Peete definitely wins the top spot in our style stakes, thanks to this little black dress. Although she confided to her Twitter followers just two days before the show that she had said so long to her diet during a family reunion in Dallas, the star showed off her sleek physique on award night.
2) Ciara‘s Basic fashion Instinct drew her toward this Balmain Fall 2010 mini-frock. A combination of a leg-baring hemline and metallic embellishments walked the line between flirty and fierce all the way to second place in our style stakes.
3) The recipient of two trophies at the BET Awards, Alicia Keys is among the winners in our couture countdown as well. Only the smile of the beaming bride-to-be could outshine the sparkler she sported on her finger as she stood at the podium in a violet vision from Dolce and Gabbana.
4) Posing for posterity in a hotel lobby on her way to the Shrine Auditorium, Ashanti was ready to rule the red carpet in one of the evening’s most elegant looks.
5) From her red carpet arrival to her after party co-hosting gig, Academy Award-nominated actress Taraji P. Henson was chill in this ice blue Mandalay mini masterpiece.
Tangerine-tinted tresses provided a contemporary edge to the demure design from Rochas by Olivier Theyshens that Nicki Minaj, the night’s big winner, slipped into for her acceptance speeches.
Photos courtesy Picapp