Which stars were the wardrobe winners at the 82nd annual Academy Awards? Here are the top frocks in Lovetripper’s couture countdown:
1) The Academy Awards presentation was Sandra Bullock‘s night to shine in more ways than one, as The Blind Side star strolled on stage in a metallic Marchesa masterpiece to receive her statuette. As the silhouette’s puddle skirt pooled at her feet, the lights of the Kodak Theater played on the gown’s gold beading and the facets of her Neil Lane jewelry.
2) True to her name, Queen Latifah looked regal on the red carpet. The actress, who was nominated for an Oscar in 2003 for her role in Chicago, looked chic in a pale pink Badgley Mischka design.
3) Few frocks could Eclipse Kristen Stewart‘s red carpet look. An indigo idyll by Monique Lhuillier, the somber shade of the gown’s silk satin organza highlighted the diamonds on her H. Stern bracelet as she stood on stage in a pair of Bally shoes, US magazine reports.
4) A toast to the champagne-hued creation worn by Demi Moore. Accented in jewelry by Van Cleef & Arpels, the perennial star was a vision in Versace, whose name was also on the heels which bore the beauty on stage.
5) In a touching tribute to the talented actress who paved the way for her future on screen, a gardenia– the same flower Hattie McDanniel chose to wear on the night she accepted an Academy Award for her role in Gone with The Wind— was the crowning glory for a star whose creativity is in full bloom– Mo’Nique. The comedienne slipped into a Tadashi Shoji silhouette in a sapphire shade for her special night.
Her name might not have been called as an Oscar recipient this year, but Meryl Streep was definitely a winner in the style stakes in a design by Project Runway alum Chris March. The shimmer of a Swarovski clutch added an extra touch of elegance to the all-white ensemble.
Photos courtesy Picapp