As the calendar year draws to a close, Lovetripper takes a look back at nine stars who dressed to the nines in ’09. Here’s our list of wardrobe winners:
1) An A-lister who always brings her A game to glamorous events, The Devil Wears Prada star Anne Hathaway looked positively angelic in Academy Awards attire from Armani Prive. The dance of light on the gown’s rows of paillettes was matched by the sparkle of her Cartier diamond earrings and bracelet.
2) Just as her music was a revelation on the radio this past year, so were the couture creations Katy Perry chose for her award show appearances, including this Monroe-esque masterpiece by Basil Soda:
3) 2009 was Taylor Swift‘s year to shine, and she certainly did so in this sparkling silhouette created by Reem Acra. The country crossover cutie added extra dazzle with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, while a pair of Louboutins made their way up to the stage four times to receive awards at the CMAs.
4) Showcasing her curves in classic creations 365 days of the year, Beyonce was a vision in Versace at the MTV Europe Music Awards:
5) Always a vintage vision, Dita von Teese stepped away from her somber signature shade for the Montblanc Signature For Good Charity Initiative event, opting instead for a buff Christian LaCroix creation– just one of long line of sultry yet sentimental styles which placed the burlesque beauty on our “Best of” list.
6) 2009 will be a year to remember for Christina Hendricks, an actress with the wardrobe of a retro romantic. Not long after walking down the red carpet in this sultry L’Wren Scott silhouette, the Mad Men star strolled down the aisle in a Carolina Herrera creation.
7) The Golden Globes proved to be a golden fashion moment for Drew Barrymore, who glided down the red carpet in this John Galliano gown.
8) It was a winning year for the great Kate Winslet, due to her choices of both acting roles and attire, which included this electric blue number by Narciso Rodriguez:
9) Whether the look is regal or risque, Rihanna is always a radiant style rebel. Only a powerful presence could carry off this ode to opulence from Stephane Rolland, just one of the frocks the singer slipped into over the past year that bravely broke the rules of fashion:
Photos courtesy Picapp