The 10th Annual Latin Grammy Awards were handed out on November 5, 2009 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Here’s Lovetripper’s picks for the looks mas linda on the green carpet:
1) As the Cirque du Soleil troupe Le Reve performed in the background, it was only fitting that songbird Laura Pausini donned a dream dress for the occasion. Clinging to the bodice of the dove gray silk chiffon creation by Giorgio Armani (who also designed the black ensemble worn for her pre-show appearance on the green carpet), Swarovski crystals twinkled like stars in the lights of the Mandalay Bay Events Center as an acrobatic angel lifted the Latin Grammy winner into the heavens as the final notes of the singer’s single “En Cambio Yo” played.
2) Marlene Favela, who starred in the telenovela Rubi, looked glamorous in a garnet gown designed by David Salomon. Coiffed by Javier de la Rosa, Univision reports, the actress’s long locks were an homage to Old Hollywood, helping the star secure second place in our style stakes.
3) A former Miss Universe, Venezuelan TV presenter Barbara Palacios was a vision in this smoke gray silhouette:
4) Primer Impacto host and new Mom Barbara Bermudo showed off her post-baby body in a curve-conscious creation from Angel Sanchez that caused quite an impact on the green carpet:
5) People en Espanol voted Escandalo TV co-host Lilia Luciano on the 2009’s “50 Most Beautiful,” and as she stepped out of the limousine in this ethereal design it’s easy to understand why:
As co-host of the A-list event, Lucero shined in a silhouette by Angel Sanchez:
Silver and gold combined to make this Zuhair Murad creation one fierce flapper-influenced frock for Eva Longoria-Parker:
One of the most intriguing gowns on the evening, we’re coo coo for Cucu Diamontes‘ molten metal-style masterpiece:
Photos courtesy Picapp