1) In 2006, Nelly Furtado and Calle 13 frontman Residente rose to the top of the Latin charts with their single “No Hay Igual,” and as the dynamic duo once again shared the mic as co-hosts of the 2009 MTV Premios there was no equal to Furtado’s winning wardrobe. According to Red Carpet Fashion Awards, the songstress slipped into three Elie Saab silhouettes during the show, including this embellished design, which she wore during her performance of her latest hit, Manos al Aire:
Posing for photographers on the red carpet:
Presenting an award alongside Residente and Amandititita:
2) High School musical star Ashley Tisdale has graduated top of the couture class, thanks in part to the Camilla & Marc Lotus creation she wore for her entrance at the Gibson Amphitheatre. While its black tulle skirt provides a glimmer of girlish fun, the animal print pumps the star slid her feet into gave the singer/actress a decidedly womanly wiggle as she strolled past the press.
3) Audrina Patridge‘s Lanvin boots, which were provocatively paired with a back-baring black dress, were made for walkin’ down the red carpet.
4) Best Solo Artist winner Paulina Rubio‘s somber-hued Ina Soltani silhouette helped to highlight la chica dorada‘s golden mane.
5) ¡Carly star Miranda Cosgrove looked pretty in a pastel print by designer Elise Overland, which was paired with Guiseppe Zanotti shoes:
Photos courtesy Picapp
Get a glimpse of the musical magic at the 2009 MTV Premios in the following Associated Press clip: