Which designs were the most dramatic at the 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards? Here are Lovetripper’s picks for the most stunning soap star silhouettes:
1) It may have taken Susan Lucci 19 nominations before she won her first Emmy, but the soap opera stunner has always been a winner in the style stakes. Daytime’s Leading Lady looked lovely in two jaw-dropping designs– a curve-conscious coral creation for her red carpet walk, and a molten gold garment for the stage.
2) As she is making the small screen sizzle once again on 90210, it seems only appropriate that Jennie Garth chose a fire engine red Issa creation for her Daytime Emmy design.
3) Matching silver bracelets brought an Amazonian edge to “wonder woman” Tyra Banks, who worked the red carpet in a fierce frock from Rachel Roy Resort 2010. A pair of buff Manolo Blahniks carried the TV talk show host up on stage to receive her Daytime Emmy Award.
4) Donning a dramatic evening ensemble for daytime drama’s biggest night was Days of Our Lives cast member Rachel Melvin, who arrived in this stunning silhouette.
5) 90210 star Lori Loughlin, who recently paused to support a cause for paws at the 3rd Annual Bow Wow Wow Howlywood event for Much Love Animal Rescue, “put on the dog” for her Emmy Awards appearance. As the wife of fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, the actress has an eye for exciting ensembles.
Brooke may still be in a struggle with rival Taylor to win the heart of Ridge Forrester, but actress Katherine Kelly Lang has no trouble winning us over with her fashion choice of a one-shoulder silhouette. Although sadly unseen by TV viewers, no doubt the sparkle of her gown was matched only by the star’s beaming smile as she walked up on stage with the rest of The Bold and The Beautiful cast to receive the top award of the night.
A beacon of daytime drama since the dawn of the TV era,the cast of Guiding Light may have taken a fond look at its past during the awards show, but at least one of its stars is looking ahead toward a bright future with the next generation of soap viewers. Marcy Rylan celebrated the beauty of her baby bump in this complexion-flattering creation by Pea In The Pod.
Gleaming like a gold Emmy statuette, Adrienne Franz of The Young and The Restless wore an opulent ode to Old Hollywood.
Photos courtesy Picapp