Who looked hot in haute couture during the first days of the Cannes Film Festival? Here are Lovetripper’s picks of the event’s most lavish looks so far:
1) Turning up the wattage at the premiere of Bright Star, Eva Longoria was a vision in Atelier Versace. Beneath the folds of this ode to opulence, a pair of YSL stilettos carried the Desperate Housewives star along as she strolled the carpet with husband Tony Parker.
2) A gown worthy of the queen of Bollywood, the delicate powder blue hue of the one-shoulder Elie Saab silhouette worn by Aishwarya Rai is reminiscent of the silk chiffon Catherine Walker creation which Princess Diana donned for her walk down the Cannes Film Festival’s red carpet in 1987.
3) Having ruled the runway over the years in designs by Versace and Chanel, no one knows how to showcase couture quite like model/actress Devon Aoki. The 2 Fast 2 Furious star slipped into a silk chiffon Alberta Ferretti frock for her foray at the film festival.
4) Fluttering tiers of lilac fabric added an ethereal element to this Toni Maticevski masterpiece, which clung to the contours of the actress deemed Australia’s sexiest vegetarian in 2008, Abbie Cornish.
Interesting from all angles, the sweeping train of Cornish’s gown drew all eyes to her as she made her way to the premiere of her movie, Bright Star.
5) Choosing a gown with sparkle to rival the flash of photographer’s cameras, Elizabeth Banks made a lasting impression in indigo. The Andrew Gn design brought back memories of Hollywood’s Golden Age as the actress, holding her Swarovski clutch purse, posed for posterity.