As the Cannes Film Festival continues, which stars are wearing the most stellar silhouettes? Here’s our five favorite frocks from days 5 – 8 of the elegant event:
1) Versace gowns are designed for the woman who dares to bare her body, and this nude number was the perfect choice to showcase Angelina Jolie‘s sleek physique. Posing with paramour Brad Pitt, who donned a Tom Ford suit for the occasion, the mother of six showed her seductive side as she modeled the garment’s thigh high side split.
2) Purple is a royal color, and a fitting choice for one of the queens of the silver screen. For the premiere of her new movie Broken Embraces, Penelope Cruz looked lovely in a lavender Marchesa masterpiece created with a curve-hugging bodice which flowed into layers of cascading chiffon.
3) Wearing an emerald green silk chiffon silhouette by Versace, it’s easy to see why Michelle Yeoh was chosen to be a Bond beauty in Tomorrow Never Dies.
4) Her character is currently stuck in the ’70’s, but Lost star Evangeline Lilly was definitely au courant in her choice of couture at Cannes. The actress was a vision in Valentino at the premiere of Vengeance.
5) Italian actress Monica Bellucci, who speaks fluent French, English and Spanish, left the crowd at Cannes speechless when she walked out on the red carpet in a crimson creation by Christian Dior.