A steady stream of celebrities waltzed past photographers on their way to the 69th Annual American Ballet Theatre’s Spring Gala at the Metropolitan Opera House on May 18, 2009. Here are our five favorite frocks from the glamorous gathering:
1) As a co-sponsor of the event, the designs of Carolina Herrera were prominently featured at the A-list function. No notable knows how to showcase Herrera’s couture creations quite like Renee Zellweger, who has worn the designer’s dresses for most of her most memorable moments, and who continued the trend with this metallic dove grey gown.
2) The sunshine yellow ribbon resting atop the wave-like ruffles of a sea blue Carolina Herrera silhouette visually symbolized the promise of the upcoming summer season as former Lipstick Jungle star Lindsay Price posed for photographers.
3) Fully recovered from her recent health scare (a partially collapsed lung caused by a stunt performed on the set of Law & Order: SVU) actress Mariska Hargitay‘s strapless Carolina Herrera gown showed off curvaceous contours reminiscent of her mother, screen idol Jayne Mansfield.
4) Ivanka Trump looked like a million dollars in a silver-accented showstopper, also by Carolina Herrera.
5) A verdant vision, David Bowie’s beloved Iman went against the grain, opting to wear an Oscar de la Renta gown. The lemon yellow accents against layers of lime green fabric lent a soupcon of springlike joy to the garment.