Which couture creations wowed the crowd at the 44th annual ACM awards? Here are Lovetripper’s picks of six stunning silhouettes worn by five of country music’s loveliest ladies:
1) Prior to her performance of “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood told the press that the design she would don to sing her hit single would look “like lava” and the garnet garment proved to be an apt choice for the singer’s explosive performance. Composed of silk taffeta which spilled forth from a body-hugging bodice and flowed in waves upon the floor, this showstopper is a look that can only be carried off by a songbird who commands the stage. Created by Rafael Cennamo, the designer’s works were in demand recently by the stars who walked the red carpet at Premio Lo Nuestro.
Showing a different side to the multi-faceted Entertainer of the Year, Carrie Underwood wore a romantic Randi Rahm gown for her promenade past the press before the awards broadcast. Made of the palest pink fabric, the dress was complimented by the addition of Johnathan Arndt jewelry.
2) An appropriate pick for a performer who blazes a path to the top of the charts, Taylor Swift slipped into a Fearless fire engine red frock from Angel Sanchez for her stroll down the orange carpet. Neil Lane jewelry added an extra touch of glamour to the album of the year winner’s passionate look.
3) This one-shoulder Monique Lhuillier creation helps teen sensation Miley Cyrus make The Climb to the number three position on our countdown. The side slit silhouette offered the opportunity for the Hannah Montana star to show off a pair of Cole Haan sandals.
4) Kellie Pickler was a high voltage vision in a Zuhair Murad gown glitzy enough to outshine the neon lights of Las Vegas. Proudly showing her YSL shoes during the pre-show broadcast, the singer topped off her devilishly decadent look with a Lucifer vir Honastus ring.
5) As sparkling as her personality, the lights from photographer’s flashbulbs danced on Julianne Hough‘s dazzling Zuhair Murad design. Even a tear in her gown failed to dampen the hoofer/hit-maker’s spirits as she made her way to the podium to accept the award for top new artist, People magazine reported.