Who ruled the red carpet at the 81st annual Academy Awards? Here’s Lovetripper’s take on the A-list attire worn on Tinseltown’s top night:
1) She may not have garnered a little gold statuette for her performance in Rachel Getting Married, but actress Anne Hathaway came in first in the fashion stakes. Donning Armani Prive for the evening, the gown’s spangles sparkled like the facets of her Cartier diamond earrings and bracelets as she strolled down the red carpet in a pair of Casadei pumps.
2) Kate Winslet‘s one-shoulder silhouette gets two thumbs up. Pewter-hued perfection created for Yves Saint Laurent by Stefano Pilati, the gown’s beauty was enhanced with the addition of 100 carats of Chopard diamonds.
3) Actress Freida Pinto celebrated Slumdog Millionaire’s big night in an India-inspired number from John Galliano. The saturated sapphire-shaded silhouette was accented with a reminder of the star’s homeland– a 150-year-old ring.
4) Natalie Portman, who played Queen Amidala in the Star Wars saga, was a regal presence on the red carpet in a Rodarte design. The fashion forward actress paired the pink pleated gown with Stella McCartney shoes and carat-laden rings and a bracelet from Kwaiat.
5) First setting eyes on the design eight years ago, Penelope Cruz seemed destined to wear to wear this Pierre Balmain ballgown on her special night. A bridal-inspired silhouette for her induction into the Academy’s elite club of Oscar winners, the actress was a vintage vision in the 60-year-old couture creation. To top off her lavish look, the silver screen beauty draped 69 carats of diamonds around her neck.