Gone are the days of garish bridesmaids garments. Today the family and friends who stand in support of the bride on her special day often wear attire akin to that of any A-lister, and as 2008 draws to a close Lovetripper takes a look back at some of the stunning silhouettes the stars chose for those who accompanied them on their walk down the aisle.
1) Jenna Bush— The 14 attendants at the First Daughter’s I do’s donned designs by Texas native Lela Rose, who constructed the above-the-knee creations from crinkle-silk chiffon. The wild botanical beauty which grace the Lone Star landscape each spring was inspiration for the dresses spectrum of shades, which ranged from bluebonnet blue to buttercup pink, with the bride’s twin sister Barbara making an impression in a moonstone-hued gown.
2) Katharine McPhee— Matching the blush on the bride’s cheeks, members of the American Idol finalist’s wedding party were pretty in pink as yards of pale tulle beneath an overlay of silk-satin crepe swept through the Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church. The romantic raiments were created by Armine Ohanessian of R-Mine Bridal Couture.
3) Ashlee Simpson— Although she had donned an ethereal ecru-hued chiffon creation by Vera Wang for her sister’s 2002 wedding ceremony, for her own stroll down the aisle with Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz the entertainer chose a glimmer of gothic glamour by the same designer for her bridesmaids, which included her star sibling, Jessica Simpson.
4) Malinda Williams— The bride’s former Soul Food co-stars Nicole Ari Parker and Vanessa Williams donned designs by David’s Bridal for their promenade down the path toward the pastor who presided over the star’s wedding to Derrick “D-Nice” Jones. The strapless, mocha-hued creations were embellished with deep chocolate sashes which hugged the bridesmaids’ waists.
5) Jackie Louez— Looking chic in a sleek black silhouette, silver screen star Kate Bosworth wore a Lisa Ho creation fashioned with a criss cross front on the day she watched her friend say “I do”.
6) Jill Stonerock— In 2008 actress Rachel Bilson showed her passion for fashion through her Edie Rose clothing line and in the attendants’ attire worn in the wedding of Jill Stonerock andJosh Schwartz, the mastermind behind The O.C., Chuck and Gossip Girl. Selecting the palest shade of green for her own dress, the small screen beauty teamed up with designer Brian Reyes to create garments of silk georgette and chiffon.
7) Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria— Choosing a cherubic troupe of children for her bridal party, angelic flower halos wreathed each tiny attendant’s brow as they filed down the aisle in cream-colored frocks, as seen in the photo below. Scarlet sashes thematically tied in with the vermillion velvet jackets worn by the page boys.
8) Beverley Mitchell— Standing in support of their small screen sister, former 7th Heaven costars Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman were visions in Vineyard Collection creations. Sleek, strapless silhouettes, the dark tone of the floor-length dresses offered a dramatic backdrop in the wedding photos.
9) Tia Mowry— A path of fragrant rose petals guided Tamera Mowry, the bride’s Sister, Sister down the lawn of the Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore. Acting as maid of honor, the bride’s twin wore a floor-length, strapless aubergine gown from Tadashi, the same designer who created midi-length, rose-tinted halter dresses for the bridesmaids.
10) Autumn Kelly— Before the opening notes of the “Prince of Denmark’s March” announced the bride’s entrance, junior bridesmaids in celadon-hued Sue Palmer silhouettes strolled down the aisle of St. George’s Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle. Following close behind was Zara Phillips, the sister of the groom, who was among the group of bridesmaids who donned strapless Vera Wang creations for the occasion.