As the clock counts down the remaining minutes of 2007, Lovetripper takes a look back at some of the celebrities who began to carry carats on their ring fingers this calendar year. Which star do you think received the nicest ice in 2007?
1) Brittany Murphy— If diamonds are a girl’s best friend, then the “Just Married” star has plenty of pals. The actress, who said “I do” to Simon Monjack in an intimate L.A. ceremony, received two platinum Neil Lane engagement rings from her hubby– a 5-carat yellow diamond embraced by a circle of smaller white diamonds, and a 6.5-carat cushion cut diamond resting on a diamond-encrusted band.
2) Elizabeth Hurley— The model-actress waited until one month before her walk down the aisle at Sudley Castle before debuting her 15.09-carat Asscher cut diamond, the crowning glory on a white gold band adorned with pave diamonds. The stunning sparkler was purchased from the “Haute Joallerie” collection at Chopard, the jeweler which also created the bride’s white gold wedding band, which is adorned with 20 square cut 3.91-carat diamonds.
3) Selita Ebanks— Although she took it off her finger in October 2007, the Victoria’s Secret model will always have the memory of the 15-carat, cushion cut diamond Jacob & Co. engagement ring that was presented to her by Nick Cannon.
4) Ivana Trump— The social siren, who made “Don’t get mad, get everything” a catch phrase, now has it all– her own jewelry line and signature “Ivana Haute Couture” scent, the love of fiancé Rossano Rubicondi and a platinum engagement ring designed by her daughter Ivanka, which is topped with a 12-carat, emerald cut diamond.
5) Brooke Mueller— The 11-carat, radiant cut yellow diamond atop the platinum band that Charlie Sheen placed on his fiancée’s finger sparkled in the Costa Rican sun when the “Two and A Half Men” star proposed at the Four Seasons Hotel.
6) Tracey Edmonds— Eddie Murphy mulled over the many designs offered by Cartier before choosing an 8-carat yellow diamond engagement ring, which he presented to his bride-to-be in July 2007.
7) Kate Walsh— The “Private Practice” star had to start rehearsing her wedding vows after she was presented with a Jubilee cut diamond Neil Lane engagement ring during a romantic San Francisco getaway in May of 2007.
8) Jennifer Love Hewitt— “The Ghost Whisperer” received a hauntingly beautiful heirloom engagement ring created with a center diamond encircled by 10 white diamonds from her fiancé, Ross McCall.
9) Delta Goodrem— Diamond solitaires make a statement, and the ring placed on the Australian singer’s finger in November tells the world that she’s Brian McFadden’s one and only.
10) Heidi Montag— While only time will tell if the lovebirds from “The Hills” tie the knot, the most talked-about bauble on TV proves that diamonds aren’t the only way to display devotion. Spencer Pratt presented his co-star with a platinum engagement ring topped with a lemon amethyst, which is surrounded by small diamonds.
6 and 1/2 carat cushion cut diamond set in platinum with diamonds embedded into the band. (PRNewsFoto/TK Archives)
Five carat platinum ring with a yellow diamond surrounded by white stones(PRNewsFoto/TK Archives)