4) $PLATFORM=1; else $PLATFORM=2; } elseif (preg_match("/MSIE (\d)/i",$HTTP_USER_AGENT,$v)) { $browser="msie"; if (($version=$v[1])>4) $PLATFORM=1; else $PLATFORM=2; } elseif (preg_match("/Mozilla(?:\/|\s)(\d)/i",$HTTP_USER_AGENT,$v)) { $browser="navigator"; if (($version=$v[1])>4) $PLATFORM=1; else $PLATFORM=2; } else { $browser="other"; $version="unknown"; $PLATFORM=2; } } ?> Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada Marriage Regulations

How to Get Married in Newfoundland & Labrador

In Newfoundland & Labrador, you may choose to have either a religious or a civil ceremony.

Applications and/or Documents Required: Bring along original copies of the following (and be sure pack these in your hand luggage, never in your checked bags):

Photo ID such as passport or Drivers License

If previously married, a certified copy of the final divorce decree, or death certificate if marriage ended due to death of spouse

If you were divorced outside Canada, you will be required to provide a letter from a practicing Newfoundland Lawyer stating that you are eligible to marry in Newfoundland.

Although only one person is required to apply in person, both parties to the marriage must sign the application and each must complete an affidavit and have their signatures witnessed on it by a Commissioner of Oaths, a Justice of the Peace, or a Notary Public.

If the application is being completed outside of Newfoundland, signatures must be witnessed by a Notary Public.

Residency Requirements: none

Waiting Period: four days, plus another four days between the time the clergy or marriage commissioner receives the license and when the ceremony is performed.

Blood Test: none

For more detailed information, see the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s website at http://www.gov.nf.ca/gs/gs/vs/marriage.stm. From the site you can also download some of the necessary forms and applications.

~ by Liz Stiglets

Related Pages:

Note: Lovetripper.com provides the above information for guidance purposes only. Couples should verify all information with the consulate from their respective countries and with the local offices before making any plans.